Monday, March 19, 2012

Brooke's Reflection

     I learned so much over the course of this project. At the beginning, I only knew that there were people out there who disagreed with Planned Parenthood's ideas and methods, but after this project I realized that it went so much deeper! I had no idea how much good Planned Parenthood actually does for women, and men! Everything from services to education and, yes, abortion. I've learned just how much the government is interfering in women's health and how little women actually get to say about it in the debates. Why is it that men are the only ones giving an opinion? Its disgusting to think that some day I may not have control over my own body!
 
     I stand right alongside Planned Parenthood, though I disagree with abortion except in extreme cases. But the fact of the matter is that abortion is one tiny piece of all the good Planned Parenthood does. I support their fight for women's health and rights. I encourage people to learn more before they judge Planned Parenthood and the women, and men, who use their services. I pray that the government realizes that they have no control in what we as women do with our bodies. Spreading the word about safe sex and the ways that women can protect their bodies is not a "shameful" and "horrible" thing!
 
     I would use this materiel and topic in high school's more so than lower grades. This is a topic that would affect those students more. It can be altered for lower grades by having the students learn about the benefits of promoting health and preventing classes like health and gym from being removed from their school.
 
   This project was very enlightening. I think more people need to do research before they make their opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment