Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Interview

I interviewed a friend of the family named Dave.  He is an electrician and a father of two young children.  I went by some of sample questions with a few of my own.  After the first question I did fill him in on some more details about Planned Parenthood and the possible funding cuts that they could be facing on a federal and state level.


1. What do you know about Planned Parenthood?
It is an organization that helps women with their health issues especially those in the low income bracket.

2.  Do you think this is a problem?  (cutting funds for PPH)
It's a non-issue for me....I think it's only important politically.  It's a token issue....a political ploy used by both sides.

3.  Do you think others in our community think this is an important problem? Why or why not?
Yes because ther are a lot of people dependent on the services they provide.

4. Since it's clear that you believe this to be a political issue can you elaborate?
I believe that right now the Republicans have the power in Congress and they are the ones trying to cut funds whereas the Democrats are doing the opposite. 

5.  You said that it's a non-issue for you but do you think it'll be different when your daughter is older?
I'm not really sure.  I want for her to be able to exercise her rights as a citizen, to be able to have access to programs like this if there ever were a need for it.  So I suppose it's more of an issue then I think it is.

6.  Recently Mitt Romney has unfortunately been siding against women's health (again) by calling for the White House to take away birth control coverage without co-pay from women based on where they work.  What do you think or feel abou this?
I feel it's unfair.  He most likely biased because of his religious views.  Just because he believes it's wrong to stop life from happening doesn't mean it's not a social issue.  This world would be more jammed packed and more children neglected if women did not have birth control available.  In my eyes they are being responsible parents even before they become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment