Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Amanda's Planned Parenthood Interview

I interviewed my mom Sharon, who works as an accountant at a non-profit organization. She is a mother of three and had some knowledge of the problem going on based around the funding for Planned Parenthood.
-I know that Planned Parenthood gets mammogram funding, and that girls can go there for birth control.

-Yes, the funding cuts of Planned Parenthood are important because with out organizations like these there would be a lot more unfit and young mothers out there because they would not be getting the protection and information needed.

-Yes, for those who this organization directly affects, but I also feel many people are ignorant to the subject and the problems surrounding Planned Parenthood.

-I am not sure on any policies in place around this problem but I think that this should be covered under a freedom of choice clause.

-I have recently heard on the news about the funding for Planned Parenthood, and have seen a few articles about it so I feel as though right now there is probably many ways to get information on this subject.

I learned that many people aren’t very educated on Planned Parenthood unless it directly affects them or their family or there is visibly a Planned Parenthood in their own community. I was surprised to find out that the closest Planned Parenthood to Salem and the North Shore area is in Somerville and that, that location is only an express location, and the next closest location is in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment